The MJPEG camera in IPCam Monitor allows you to view cameras which support MJPEG video. MJPEG is typically used when the resolution of the camera is less than 720p. Check with the camera’s user manual to determine whether the camera supports MJPEG, or other protocol formats.
Here’s how to add a new MJPEG Camera:
- Tap the ‘+’ button on the menu bar to add a new camera.
- Select the MJPEG Camera camera model.
- Enter a name for the camera.
- Enter the video stream URL for the camera. The URL usually can be found in the camera’s user manual. Use the auto-detect feature if you cannot find the URL. See below for more details.
- Fill in the username and password if the camera requires them, otherwise, leave the fields empty.
- Tap the checkmark to save the new camera setting.
The Auto-detect feature can help you find the video stream URL automatically. To use this feature,
- Find out the IP address or hostname of the camera.
http://[ip-address]in the video stream URL.
[ip-address]is the IP address or hostname of the camera from the previous step. For example, if the IP address of the camera is 192.168.1.5, then enter
- Enter the username and password, if the camera requires one.
- Tap the Auto-Detect button.
If auto-detect succeeded, the URL will be automatically filled in.