The HD camera in IPCam Monitor allows you to view cameras which support H.264, or MP4 video format. These formats are typically used in high resolution cameras of more than 1080p. Check with the camera’s user manual to determine whether the camera supports MJPEG, or other protocol formats.
Here’s how to add a new HD Camera:
- Tap the ‘+’ button on the menu bar to add a new camera.
- Select the HD Camera camera model.
- Enter a name for the camera.
- Enter the video stream URL for the camera. The URL usually can be found in the camera’s user manual. Use the auto-detect feature if you cannot find the URL. See below for more details.
- Fill in the username and password if the camera requires them, otherwise, leave the fields empty.
- Tap the checkmark to save the new camera setting.
The Auto-detect feature can help you find the video stream URL automatically. To use this feature,
- Enter the IP address or hostname of the camera on the Video stream URL field. For example,
192.168.1.5. Include the protocol if you know that as well, it will help to make a more accurate auto-detection. For example,
- Enter the username and password, if the camera requires one.
- Tap the Auto-Detect button.
If auto-detect succeeded, the URL will be automatically filled in.