The JPEG Snapshots in IPCam Monitor allows you view camera footages when the cameras can only produce JPEG snapshots. This is typically the case for many public cameras, including traffic cameras.
Here’s how to add a new JPEG Snapshots Camera:
- Tap the ‘+’ button on the menu bar to add a new camera.
- Select the JPEG Snapshots Camera model.
- Enter a name for the camera.
- Use the browser to find the JPEG URL for the camera to be added. Copy the URL to clipboard.
- Paste the URL on the Video stream URL field.
- Tap the checkmark to save the new camera setting.
The camera will then show up on the list of cameras. Tap on the camera to view the footage. The image automatically refreshes based on the configured refresh interval.